configure the create issue page/screen

elyn herlyna November 21, 2017

Hi All

Can we configure the create issue page/screen so whenever we choose a value on one of the field it will shown different screen with different fields to fill?

atlassian support.jpg

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi Elyn,

You can have a different Screen for different Issue Typesin the same project in the Issue Type Screen Scheme:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/issue-type-screen-scheme-868982924.html

Is this enough or you need to do it with the same Issue Type?

elyn herlyna November 21, 2017

Hi Cristian,

I need to do it with same project and same issue type

what am i trying to do is to have different screen when i choose a value from one of the field, from the same project & issue type, for more detail pls see my pic below:

1. in default, for this project i only allow 1 issue type which is Change, when i create an issue for this project there will be 4 tabs and 12 fields to fill

atlassian support.jpg

2. But when i choose a value from Product field, the screen will be change like below:

atlassian support 2.jpg

Can i do this kind of customization?

Appreciate any answers :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2017

With Jira off-the-shelf, this simply isn't possible.  Fields available are determined by project and issue type, nothing else.

You can enable some of this with Behaviours from the ScriptRunner add-on, or with injected javascript (although that way lies instability, maintenance pain and madness)

Suggest an answer