conditional transition validator with multi-checkbox

Adam Kaufman October 1, 2012

The problem I'm trying to solve looks fairly simple on face:

I have a multi-checkbox (foo) with two options (bar and baz). I would like to create a transition validator that says:

If foo.bar is checked, then foo.baz must also be checked

Is this possible? I have yet to find a way. It seems that there is no single-validator option for conditional transition validation like that (or at least not one I've got installed). I also can't find a way to chain validators.

It bears mentioning that I did some thinking outside the box, and tried to create conditional transitions (on foo.bar being checked), which contained different validators, thus negating the need for chaining. This approach is a no go, as you cannot have two different transitions with the same name.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Hi, if you are not using OnDemand, you can take a look at Jamie's script runner. You can script your own validator to do almost anything you like including what you have mentioned.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Suggest an answer