condition "project" for postfunction Set Field Value to constant

T. Gutzeit June 14, 2016

Hallo,

I want to execute a postfunction "Set Field Value to constant" in dependence of in which project the issue is created.

How to do this? (I have tried something but nothing works)

image2016-6-14 14:56:40.png

Thanks a lot.

Tatjana

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Please try this and let me know the results.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.util.ImportUtils
import com.atlassian.jira.user.util.DefaultUserManager
import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User

IssueManager issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
	CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
	CustomField myCustomfield = 	customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("alfrageteilnehmer")

if(issue.getProjectObject().getKey() == 'ABC'){
	myCustomfield.updateValue(null, issue, new ModifiedValue(issue.getCustomFieldValue(myCustomfield), "tg"),changeHolder);
	}
T. Gutzeit June 14, 2016

This code doesn't work, bev´cause the expression have to retun "true".

You have to do it this way.

image2016-6-15 11:25:29.png

It works, thank you very very much. Your post was the hint I needed to finde the solution.

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

Glad that it worked. That script I had shared will work directly to set the field value via a scripted post function (instead of returning a true boolean value for a condition in a built-in post function.) However, you made it work for the second scenario. Congrats! smile

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2016

To be more precise, I was checking the project name and setting the field value on my own in the script. It works in the scripted post function option.

0 votes
T. Gutzeit June 14, 2016

No sorry, it doesn't work. The function must return 'true'

image2016-6-15 8:37:41.png

I've tried to return true, but doesn't work, don't understand what to do here.

0 votes
T. Gutzeit June 14, 2016

That's right, that's what I'm want.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

My understanding is, you need a post function to set this custom field value based on the project name. For example, if project name is 'abc', then the field alfrageteilnehmer has to be set as 'tg'. Am I right?

If not please explain.

Suggest an answer