component field usage

Neeta Dubey March 9, 2014

I have added a component to a project. I have below question

How can i make component available at create issue screen and what changes odi need to make in the workflow to ticket gets assigned directly to component lead?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

go to the project administartion page and select the Components from left side tabs

ther you can add details about component and select deafult Assignee as component lead then issues will get assined to component lead

check the following doc for more information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Component

Hi,

i have added component succesfully to the project. i just want to make that filed visbile while creating the ticket and set a post function in workflow to that will assign ticket to component lead.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

add the component field to the create screen and no need to configure postfunction to assign issue to component lead if you set Default Assignee(last column on components screen) as component lead while creating component on project details page

thanks.. however i am having hard time in adding that field in create screen. Will the component field appear as a field componet and i can add it the to the screen?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2014

Hi Neeta,

Search in the select box Fields to add for the Components field, that is the field you need.

Best regards

Peter

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2014

the component field name should be visible as "Component/s"

Suggest an answer