comparison of two custom fields (number fields)

Dominik M. May 4, 2017

Hello,

I need to compare two custom fields' values. If the transition is to be successful then field's A numeric value must be equal or greater than a value present in field B.

So far I can see that only dates can be compared - please advise me if it's possible to perform comparisons between numeric fields and if yes, where is it present (I can't find anything adeqaute under Conditions nor Validators...)

Many thanks,

Dominik Maciejewski

2 answers

0 votes
philubert May 10, 2021

Using Adaptavist's ScriptRunner, you can do this in JQL:

issueFunction in expression("","field1 > field2")
Suporte OAT November 26, 2021

Doesn´t work to Jira Cloud.

Any suggestion?

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2017

Hi Dominik, 

Unfortunately, by default this is not support but luckily there's a very cool addon that can help you get these type of things done. 

You can find more details on a similar question that has already been answered before: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/JQL-JIRA-query-for-custom-field-being-equal-to-two-other-custom/qaq-p/44808

Best, 

Maarten

Dominik M. May 5, 2017

Maarten,

Many thanks for confirming this to me, too bad I've spent nearly 2 days trying to do this via Option ID comparison in transition's Conditions tab...

P.S. What's the addon name? Is it Power Scripts for JIRA (formerly JJUPIN)?

Regards,

Dominik

Suggest an answer