comment visibility with Service Desk

Paul Reese December 2, 2014

In service desk (hosted version) project, comments are now segregated by internal vs external visibility.   That's OK for Service Desk projects,  but would like the old functionality for non SD projects. or possibly even in SD projects where we might have different internal audiences. 

below is the old method where we could specify comment visibility at the project role/group level (system setting) 

comment_old.PNG

here is the new method where the comment visibility is tuned specifically to Service Desk application. 

comment_new.PNG

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Hey there,

you have the "new" comments in SD Projects and the "old" in non-SD Projects. 
it's a pity that we can't configure which way we use in our projects.

But that's the way it is. ^^
Hope this could help

Greets
Simon 

Paul Reese December 3, 2014

Maybe I don't have something set up correctly? 1) I have a brand new hosted instance of JIRA. 2) In my Service Desk enabled projects I have the 'new' comments. 3) in my NON-Service Desk enabled projects I also have the 'new' comments. I would be OK if I could figure out how to turn on the 'old' comment style in the non-SD enabled projects. But... haven't seen how I can do that. (the 'old' comment style you're seeing above is actually captured from my old Cloud version of JIRA which does not have Service Desk. It's a completely separate instance) any additionhal help would be appreciated.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Select the project from the projects top menu. Then select Administration. On the left hand side select Service Desk. There should be disable button.

0 votes
Paul Reese December 3, 2014

arg. just realized that someone else enabled SD on the project I was looking at and that's the cause of this particular issue (showing the SD style comment control) so scratch that part. I can live with this. although I need to figure out how to remove SD from a project next. :)

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

I am a bit confused by your question. The non-SD projects would have the JIRA's standard comment visibility rules.

Suggest an answer