comment-edit.vm on Jira 6.2.6

Pablo da Silva _ACP-JA_ June 12, 2014

Hello,
We were using Jira 6.1.6. We have introduced some changes on the comment-edit.vm file to restrict the comment visibility to a certain role by default. The lines were the following:

#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:XXXXX")

#if ($jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()).contains("some_group"))
#set ($selectedCommentLevel = "role:XXXXY")
#end

After we migrate to 6.2.6, i looked for the file to add this lines again, but i found that there was not comment-edit.vm on the template folder.

I made a fresh install of a 6.2.6. in a test environment, and the file wasn t present either.

I put a copy of the file on the template folder of this new instance (with the proper instance group and roles ids ) but nothing happened (auto reload of velocity templates was set to true on velocity.properties and i also restarted Jira just in case).

any thought of how can i force this default again? could the location of this file has changed? may i have to add this comment-edit.vm to an 'index-like' file so Jira can load it?

Any ideas would be very appreciated,

Thanks,

Pablo da Silva

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2014

Hi Pablo,

I believe the file you are looking for has been renamed to system-comment-field-edit.vm and changed paths after JIRA 6.2.1.

It can now be found in the path below:

• $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugin/comment/system-comment-field-edit.vm

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Pablo da Silva _ACP-JA_ June 15, 2014

Hello Danilo, thank you so much, i found the file on that new location and now i can modify it as needed.

Best Regards

Pablo da Silva

Suggest an answer