com.atlassian.jira.util.dbc.Assertions$NullArgumentException: user should not be null!

I've got an existing JIRA setup (with lots of users) and I've set up a Crowd server that is using LDAP as its primary directory.

On the Crowd server, I've defined the required jira-administrators, jira-developers and jira-users groups, all containing my LDAP account. I've configured an application for JIRA on Crowd and set it to use the LDAP directory and only allow members in the group. Testing authentication there works.

On JIRA, I've added Crowd as a directory and tested authentication there.

However, when I try to log in with my Crowd credentials, I get the error listed in the Question field. Logins with JIRA local accounts continue to work.

Regards

Philip

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
David Chan Atlassian Team Feb 04, 2013

what version of JIRA are you running? It sounds like you may be running into a bug:

Take a look and see if that's it.

We are using a version of JIRA that looks like it could be the bug that is the root cause. Unfortunately, we are going to have to build a new server rather than perform an in-place upgrade so it will take me a while to confirm this.

Nevertheless, marking this as the answer. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you