code for move issue listener in jira

Ankita Sharma February 26, 2015

Hi,

From where i can get the code for Move issue listener in JIRA which is already being used to move an issue to another project.

I need to re-utilize it for a custom event.

Thanks,

Ankita

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

There is no "move issue listener" that I know of.  What makes you think there is one?

ok. Actually I wanted a little bit of code which is there for Moving an issue from one project to another project (which is already there in JIRA) so that i can get an idea to write a listener for same.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

The procedural code for moving an issue can be found in the Jira source code - if you have a licence, you can download it and have a look (no sharing code with people though) But, I would take a close look at what you are proposing - try manually moving an issue from one project to another, when the two projects have totally different sets of issue types, fields and workflows. You'll find Jira asking you a LOT of questions, and you're going to have to code to answer all of them automatically.

Thanks. ok, will check the code. Actually, if you can suggest something for the below scenario: I have a workflow for one project in which i have added a custom status as "Move". I want whenever there is a transition from a status to this "Move" status in the ticket, the particular issue/ticket should open up a "Move Issue"screen; a "move issue" screen which is there in JIRA or if i can create my own "move" screen which can move that issue to another project. Please help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2015

There is no way to trigger a screen from a workflow like that. You can create your own "move" operation with a plugin, but you'll have to do the same checks and prompts that the current "move" process goes through, so I'm not sure it's really worth re-inventing the wheel on that one. I suspect your best bet might be a simple human approach 1. Change your process so that you don't need to move the issues 2. Save a filter for "issues in move status" and task a human to regularly check it and move the issues returned by it

Suggest an answer