[closed] Scripted Validator: Add Parameters To Validator... Add button not working!

Marco Colageo November 19, 2012

I'm using the groovy plugin to define a 'Scripted Validator' rule behind a transition but the 'Add' button in the ' Add Parameters To Validator' page does NOT submit the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Colageo November 25, 2012

The 'Add button' problem seems to be one of the issues related to Groovy Runner v2.0.7 installed in JIRA v4.x. I had tried also the latest version of the plug-in which did not work too because it is JIRA 4.x compatible. With my current JIRA set-up I did not find any way to use the Groovy Plug-in unfortunately.

Looking forward to move towards JIRA v5 and the latest version of the plug-in.

Ps. Jamie, Wolfgang, many thanks :)

1 vote
Wolfgang Fellner November 19, 2012

Which browser do you use?

I have the same problem using Opera, but it works with Firefox and InternetExplorer.

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

I believe it doesn't work with IE, should work with everything else. Not tested opera. This is a known issue.

Wolfgang Fellner November 19, 2012

Jamie is right - it looks like it does not work with current IE versions (9 and 10) any more.

I thought it has worked with older versions, but not sure any more.

At least it works with Firefox.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

2.0.7 was never available for 4.3... choose the right version for your jira from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner.

0 votes
Marco Colageo November 21, 2012

Yes, the plug-in v2.0.11 seems to be only for Jira 5.x . When I tried to use the plug-in on Jira 4.3, it caused blocking errors (no issues o projects displayed more).

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2012

Yeah, it was a different problem than I thought. But I think that version is only for jira 5.1+.

0 votes
Marco Colageo November 20, 2012

Here we are: Jira 4.3, groovy runner 2.0.7

Firefox 16.0.2, Chrome 22.0, IE8

I've noticed that there is the new version 2.0.11 of the groovy runner which says "Fixes an issue where you can't add new workflow functions". I'm going to update the plug-in first...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Weird. What's your jira version and plugin version?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Also can you check the jira log for errors.

0 votes
Marco Colageo November 19, 2012

Sorry for not mentioning it before. I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome and IE with no positive result. It seems like the button being disabled (althought is clickable).

Is there any alternatives to groovy validators?

Suggest an answer