[closed] Scripted Validator: Add Parameters To Validator... Add button not working!

I'm using the groovy plugin to define a 'Scripted Validator' rule behind a transition but the 'Add' button in the ' Add Parameters To Validator' page does NOT submit the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks

10 answers

1 accepted

The 'Add button' problem seems to be one of the issues related to Groovy Runner v2.0.7 installed in JIRA v4.x. I had tried also the latest version of the plug-in which did not work too because it is JIRA 4.x compatible. With my current JIRA set-up I did not find any way to use the Groovy Plug-in unfortunately.

Looking forward to move towards JIRA v5 and the latest version of the plug-in.

Ps. Jamie, Wolfgang, many thanks :)

1 vote

I believe it doesn't work with IE, should work with everything else. Not tested opera. This is a known issue.

Jamie is right - it looks like it does not work with current IE versions (9 and 10) any more.

I thought it has worked with older versions, but not sure any more.

At least it works with Firefox.

Which browser do you use?

I have the same problem using Opera, but it works with Firefox and InternetExplorer.

Sorry for not mentioning it before. I've tried it in Firefox, Chrome and IE with no positive result. It seems like the button being disabled (althought is clickable).

Is there any alternatives to groovy validators?

0 vote

Also can you check the jira log for errors.

0 vote

Weird. What's your jira version and plugin version?

Here we are: Jira 4.3, groovy runner 2.0.7

Firefox 16.0.2, Chrome 22.0, IE8

I've noticed that there is the new version 2.0.11 of the groovy runner which says "Fixes an issue where you can't add new workflow functions". I'm going to update the plug-in first...

0 vote

Yeah, it was a different problem than I thought. But I think that version is only for jira 5.1+.

Yes, the plug-in v2.0.11 seems to be only for Jira 5.x . When I tried to use the plug-in on Jira 4.3, it caused blocking errors (no issues o projects displayed more).

0 vote

2.0.7 was never available for 4.3... choose the right version for your jira from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,321 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot