cloning issue should not copy certain custom fields

pavan venkatasubramanya September 28, 2014

Hi Everyone,

JIRA users in our organization use 'clone' functionality. In one of our projects we have two Vertygo SLA fields.

Values for these fields are calculated based on another date-time field and priority. Whenever an issue in this project is cloned these fields get populated with wrong values.

May I know if it possible to make clone action skip certain custom fields during cloning?

JIRA version is 6.2 server installed.

Thank You.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2014

Hi Pavan,

This actually isn't possible by default in JIRA, but we are tracking this request on JRA-5052. There are some add-ons in our Marketplace that provide this feature though, such as the Clone Plus for JIRA.

I hope this helps! smile

pavan venkatasubramanya October 17, 2014

Hi Matheus, Thanks for looking into my question. I have voted for JRA-5052. We are using JIRA 6.2 and unfortunately Clone Plus is for 6.3.1 and above. Could you tell me if there is a plug-in suitable for 6.2. Thanks again!

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2014

Paven, Clone Plus also has versions for JIRA 6.2, see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus/versions. If you install the plugin through the Administration » Add-ons » Find add-ons, it will install the correct version. :)

pavan venkatasubramanya December 9, 2014

This actually works. Thank you very much.

shikha sharma May 8, 2018

@pavan venkatasubramanyacan you please tell me what changes you have done in clone-plus.properties file.

Or how this works for you?

NAYANA October 23, 2019

Hi Pavan, were the fields custom or out of the box or mix of both? 

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2014
pavan venkatasubramanya October 17, 2014

Hi Timothy, Thanks for looking into my question. The plug-in is not suitable for JIRA 6.2 and this is ruled out. Let me check if the first options works.

pavan venkatasubramanya December 9, 2014

Hi all, The Plug-in is actually useful. Thank you very much

NAYANA October 23, 2019

Which plug-in worked finally? could you please clarify.

Suggest an answer