change permission warning message

EXCE Infr Supp PH MUSIC Group October 6, 2015

Dear Atlassian team,

I would like to know if there is a way to change this message:

You have successfully created the issue (XXX-XXX), however you do not have the permission to view the created issue.  If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

The permission settings and scheme is working as intended, however, we would like to revise the message that pops up after the issue is created. Please advise if:

• There is a way to rephrase / reword the message / splash screen?
  • Project specific only. The rephrased message is only to appear for a specific project.
  • I suspect this is code, so is there a way to do it via GUI? If no, then we'll proceed with any code changes.

Thank you very much and have a great day! I look forward to your reply.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

You can't change it in the GUI, and don't think you can do it with a simple add-on either.  I think you need to embed some code in a velocity template that will say "#if (project = xxx) #then display our text #else JIRA default text"

I suspect you can change the default JIRA text by translating it, but that would still be a global change, affecting all projects.

Suggest an answer