change parent status without executing transition - from subtask

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

hello

is it possible to change parent status to a given value (strictly to status "Error") without executing the transition to this state (because in transition i am auto creating a subtask). And i want to change parent status in transition between states of his son.

thank you :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2012

No.

The only way to change a status is to go through a transition.

For your case, your spec seems to be "if something is done to a child issue, then in some cases, I want to change the status of the parent". With the caveat that you do not want the parent to go through the transition you've got that creates more sub-tasks.

To do that, I would be strongly tempted to create a second transition, without the "create subtask" function, and trigger that instead. I'd then protect it with a condition of some sort, so that the users only see the original transition (I think you'll need a spot of thought and coding for that)

0 votes
peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/77307/change-wf-state-after-all-subtask-are-closed

i have solved this problem with

Script Runner (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner)

this plugins has build in example:

• Auto-transition parent when all sub-tasks are resolved

I add this post script function to "Close" transition on subtask (in IE i cannot add this function, try it in Firefox ;) ) and it works nice :) (subtsask must have resolution!)

enjoy

Suggest an answer