change email address

Adina Waldmann September 30, 2020

Hi

We have a confluence cloud and all of our users are now changing the email address due to company domain change. I'm the administrator. How can I change the email addresses for all the users? should I delete and add? but then i'm loosing the history.....

How can I change it?  

Also I couldn't find any possibility in the administration panel. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Adina Waldmann  - Did you ever get this solved? 

Adina Waldmann December 29, 2021

Yap.solved

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2020

Hello @Adina Waldmann

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please confirm if you have verified the domain in your Confluence site?

In order to confirm you are the owner of the email domain used in your site and be able to manage the user accounts and edit its details, you must verify your email domain on your Confluence site:

Verify a domain for your organization 

That being said, you can have two scenarios here:

1 - If you've verified your domain, you can follow the steps of this documentation to properly edit the email of the users in your site:

1. From your organization at admin.atlassian.com, select Directory > Managed accounts.
  2. Next to an individual account, click Show details to open the managed account’s page
  3. From the Email address field, enter the updated email address and click the checkmark.

P.S: We’ll email the user to verify the change. Until then, you’ll continue to manage this account with the original email address. If the email address has a domain you haven’t verified, we’ll remove this account from your organization. Any Atlassian Access security policies will no longer apply after the user verifies the change.

2 - If your domain is not verified, only the own account owner (the user itself) can edit its account details (Email address, passwords, etc). They can edit their emails by following the steps of this documentation:

1. Select your avatar in the sidebar and choose Profile

2. Choose Manage account

3. Update the relevant details (Email address) and choose Save changes

Let us know if you have any questions.

Adina Waldmann October 8, 2020

Thank you for your answer!

The domain is verified. 

The answer allows me to change one email at a time. How do I change a bulk of email?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2020

Hello @Adina Waldmann

The bulk edit of managed accounts can be done by using REST API calls, as pointed out in the feature request below:

Bulk Edit Atlassian Accounts in a Cloud Instance 

The Organizations API is available to list all the managed accounts in your Organization. You can use this to enumerate the unique Atlassian account ID for each user.

The User management API is available to edit individual users. Use Update a user profile endpoint to update the email address.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer