change Raising requests on behalf of to somethings else

Michael Brus January 20, 2020

Hi

Is it possible to change Raising requests on behalf of in jira servicedesk to somethng else. Working in a non speaking English this would be highly beneficially.

Regards

Michael

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Michael Brus

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like to change the name of the field "Raise this request on behalf of" to a different text when creating the ticket as an agent. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, Jira does not have an easy way to change that text as a field, however, we have the following feature request to change it:

Ability to edit the field "Raise this request on behalf of" 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a possible workaround, you can manually edit a custom language pack and upload it to your Jira, however, you would need so coding ability to modify the strings to add the text you want:

Install a custom language pack for Jira server 

Let us know if you have any questions.

0 votes
John G April 16, 2024

This is crazy. I'm implementing a new internal onboarding process for our organization, but it's been a disaster. Everyone keeps entering the new starters' email addresses in the "Raise this request on behalf of" field instead of their own. All because I cannot simply change the label for this field.

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi,

service desk agents can raise request on behalf of someone else. Could you be more precise on what you want to achieve?

Best

JP

Suggest an answer