change Port Number

Dave Stuart August 8, 2012

I have installed Jira on a Windows 2008 box and it has used port 8080 by default. I can't use port 8080 as it used by a different process. How can I change the Jira configuratiuon to use a different port. I want to use port 8200.

I have updated the Admin section to use the URL I want for accessing the site publically. http://jira.mydomain.ca:8200 and I have a port rule on the router to allow port 8200 in.

Please let me know if this is even possible or if I'm stuck with port 8080.

2 answers

1 accepted

Dave Stuart August 9, 2012

This was excellent! I got it working locally by updating the Server.xml file like the article said, but I also had to add my domain to the to the local HOSTS file before the jira.mydomain.com:8200 would work. However I am having issues getting this working publically. I have set up an A record for the jira subdomain to my domain name (on Free DNS like I do everything else my all my domains), enabled port 8200 on the router and opened up the 8200 port on the firewall of the server. I even dropped the firewall but there was still no luck geting jira.mydomain.com:8200 to work in the real WWW.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Dave

0 votes
Dave Stuart August 9, 2012

OH, Never mind! It was my own stupid mistake here!! I forgot to add the jira A record to my own internal DNS too.

All is working great now!

Suggest an answer