categorize components in different types on the projects.

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

Hi All,

My jira version is 5.2.10. What my question is, is there any way to categorize the components in the Components drop down list.

For example if i have a,b,c,d,x,y,z components then i would like see in component drop box with two categeorys as

catg1:a,b,c,d catg2: x,y,z.

Quick response most appriciated.

Thanks,

Patina

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2013

No, the component list is a multi-select, not a cascading select. It doesn't categorise components either - there's no data structure to allow you to do that.

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

We're using a prefix for each component. Not the best way but it works...

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2013

as of knowldege i don't seen that feature in jira

but i seen that issue has submitted for subcoponents

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-846

Suggest an answer