cannot view the workflow

pubuduh December 20, 2016

2 answers

0 votes
Herdney_Souza_dos_Santos March 2, 2020

I created a workflow, but now I want to edit it that I can't find in the created workflow list

Christoph Schmitz May 6, 2020

When you create a workflow then it gets "inactive" since it's not used in any project for now. For that there is some "Button" in the workflow menue which you need to click to view also inactive workflows. It's a bit tricky to see in the workflow menue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Check you have "view workflow" permission in the project.

pubuduh December 21, 2016

Yes. Permissions have set as all JIRA users can view the workflow.

And there is another issues with the workflow in admin level, If we have modified an existing workflow, that modification will not be effective on workflow.

This starts couple of days ago and did a service restart but still having the same issue.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Ok, so when you say "cannot view", what are the symptoms?

It sounds like your admin might not be saving the draft of the workflow.

Finally, does the log have any errors in it?

workflow.JPG

Its seems like its trying to preview it, but there is no result of that.

And nobody edits/open this workflow.. this issue is common for all the workflows available for us.

That is from user perspective.

From JIRA Admins perspectives; we cannot see any modifications done in the workflow is effective on the project level even though we have published the workflow. (Before this incident we were able to do that)

Log: We do not see any suspicious thing over there. Is there any particular message related to this? so we can narrow it down.

Thanks, Pubudu

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2016

The picture suggests the browser is waiting for the server to deliver a picture and not making it, which leads me to think it's a resourcing issue.  That means a slow network or possibly a slow JIRA server.  Do you know if the server is heavily loaded?

When your admins are looking at the workflow changes, could you test a clear change?  Two questions:

1. What makes you think the workflow is wrong?
  2. Try this:
  • Find a workflow transition that uses a transition screen.
  • Copy that screen to a new name
  • Add a field to the screen (any field that is valid for the project and issue type)
  • Edit the workflow, changing the transition screen to the new one
  • Save the new workflow
  • Move a test issue through the changed transition
  • Do you see the field you added?

As for the log, "nothing suspicious" could mean anything.  What happens when you save drafts?  What happens when you use the workflow?

2.JPG

I cannot add new transition. see the above error.

In the Log; there were only few workflow design logs (which I actually modified in the given time). other than that there is no record of workflow in the log.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2016

Ah, hang on, that's not the changes not taking effect, that's not being able to add a transition.  That happens when a status has no existing outgoing transitions.  It's a bit of a bug.  The only fix is to copy the workflow, or swap everyone using it to another one, so you can do a full edit.

pubuduh December 22, 2016

That's working as well as the I can see the transition changes(Modified) through the issue screen.

And still having the issue with viewing workflows.

Thanks for the help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2016

Sorry, that is not clear.

I think you are saying that the edit problem is fixed, but the "timeout when viewing the workflow as a user looking at an issue" is not.  Is that right?

pubuduh December 22, 2016

Yes. That's exactly I wanted say. How can I solve timeout issue in workflow?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2016

Hmm, my last post went awol.  I'll try again.

This error is due to a timeout in the connection between server and client.  The usual culprit is a slow or blocking network, but server faults can have the same symptoms.  Three test:

1. Do you get it with a different browser?
  2. It's worth looking at the speed of your browser next, to confirm that it really is just waiting for the data - open up a dev tool like Firebug to examine what the page is doing. 
  3. Then take a look at the server - are there errors in the logs, and does the server appear to be loaded while you're waiting for the screen to respond?

Suggest an answer