cannot end current sprint

Jon CONWAY July 28, 2016

I have planned my sprint, started the sprint and now the sprint has finished. The problem is I cannot end the sprint as not controls appear on the board. I have admin rights.

1 answer

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Hey Jon!

Two things come to mind that might be the cause of this:

• Does the Sprint cover multiple projects?  Are you the project admin for the other projects if so?
  • Are all the issues in the Spring resolved _and_ have a resolution set?

Give those a peek and let me know!

Thanks!

Jon CONWAY August 8, 2016

Hello

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away on business.

1. We are only using one project.

2. I would expect to still be able to end a sprint even if all the issues are not resolved, with the unresolved issues falling back into the next sprint?

However, to test this I marked all the issues as Done, but was still not able to end the sprint. 

I have been using JIRA for a number of years, but not the cloud based version. I'm assuming the cloud based version always reflects the latest release, so maybe I'm missing something.

Sadly we are at the stage now where we are considering having to revert back to good old post-it notes.

Regards

Jon

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2016

Hey Jon, no problem!

Here's another thing to check that may cause this issue.  Under the configuration for your board, (Board -> Configure -> General -> Filter), make sure that the JQL query is using Rank, specifically Rank Ascending.  For example:

project = "SOMEPROJECT" ORDER BY Rank ASC

When you create a board it should do this automatically, but there's a chance that it was accidentally removed.  Especially if other people in your org have access to modify the filter that the board is using.

Try that and let me know!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer