cannot attach screenshot in jira?

5 answers

Well, you should be able to. Are you having some problem while trying to add the screenshot?

Cheers!
Teilor

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Apr 27, 2015

You may not have the correct permission. Check the add attachment permission.

hi Teilor, yes, having problem while trying to attach screenshot. Worked until we upgraded to java 8 from java 7 update 35.

Can you give more details? Do you see any error messages? Are you trying to just add a attachment in JIRA or using JIRA Capture?

You can try using a different browser maybe, or clearing the caches and cookies and disabling the add-ons of your browser in order to stave off any compatibility problems you might be facing.

However, as Tailor mentioned you should be able to do it.

Joe also said about the specific project permission, did you confirm you have it?

Under the Supported Platforms doc there's a warning about some JAVA 8 versions that are not recommended to use, are you perhaps under any of these versions?

If none of that help, please let us know if there's any information on your JIRA logs.
Feel free to raise a aupport request at Atlassian Support in the JIRA project.

Thanks!

Regards,
Andre

Thank you all. Opened ticket JSP-229478

0 vote

Violette,

Please see this thread, as I suspect this may be the same problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/251286

Depending on the version of JIRA you are using, and what browser you are using, this add-on may help: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugins.jira-html5-attach-images.

If you are using Firefox, Chrome or IE 11 and JIRA 6.0.5 - 6.2.4, you can install it. If you are using JIRA 6.2.5+, you can simply use the other browsers as this is already bundled now. smile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

105 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you