can you add the ability to write jql on the board to filter

Jira Automation March 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Filters

I want to give user the ability to write jql to filter the board they are looking at so that I do not have to add quick filter for every possible filer is this possible

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Also, see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37858122 which cropped up a couple of hours after your question.  I think it's a better idea than allowing users to amend the board for themselves.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

No.  A shared board is what it says - shared.  It's set up by the owner wiht lots of other people, for a reason, and the last thing they need is other users whacking on whatever JQL they think they might need.

There's nothing to stop a user creating their own version of the board, with their own filters, but you probably don't want users messing with a shared board config.

Suggest an answer