can you add a label to an issue when you assign it to a specific member?

Lior Pesoa November 1, 2015

Hi,

I would like to add a label to issue when the issue is assigned to a specific member (or group of members).

Is it possible?

3 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

Yes it's possible, a simple post-function (script or plugin) would do. However, there are many ways to assign a ticket to someone in JIRA so to minimize the impact, I suggest that the "Assignee" can only be changed during a transition (remove it the native Assign button in JIRA, remove the Assignee in the "Edit Screen").

If you don't want to do that, you will have to create your own "Issue Updated listener" so that whenever the assignee is changed, you will update the label everytime.

Lior Pesoa November 2, 2015

Thanks, i tried to look for a post-function without success. What i want to do is when someone open an issue (bug) and assign it to X then label Y will be added to the issue.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

What option did you try? Do you have the JIRA Misc Workflow plugin? Or the JIRA Suite Utilities?

i have JIRA Suite Utilities

0 votes

Hi,

using existing label

0 votes
Roadmunk November 1, 2015

Is it an existing label? or create one as you go?

Suggest an answer