can we use javascript in "Calculated Number Field" custom field"?

Can we use javascript in "Calculated Number Field" Custom Field desciption.

Below is the plugin which provide this field:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields

I just need to do some add/multiplication operation in javascript using this custom field's desciption.

As i know, it provides below formula script but unable to use javascript:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/Home#Home-calculatednumberfield

Thanks

4 answers

Can you rephrase your question? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

Can you rephrase your question? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

Updated with related details. basically, i need to use javascript in this cusotm field because, i need to do such maths operation on this field "#customfield_11426\\:input1", "#customfield_11426\\:input3" and issue.get(...) will fetch whole custom field value and unable to fetch particular field(input1/input3). within custom field('#customfield_11426').

You can use almost any Java construct, which is more powerful than JavaScript. You can also use Java libraries which are loaded into the plugin context, such as Commons Lang.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you