can we create a table for custom fields?

Bharath Kumar September 20, 2016

I have a tricky situation, we have a set of custom fields lets say field 1, field 2, field 3 and field 4 all of them which should be shown in a table like below

field names.jpg

can this be done in JIRA out of the box or using any add-on??

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

@Bharath Kumar Can you brief about this more? Are you trying to bring these fields on Create Screen without values or on View Screen with values?

If you looking to bring these fields on View screen try out Database Customfields

https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/jira-architecture/database-schema/database-custom-fields

If you trying to bring these fields on create screen, then you need to explore more.

I just need these values inside a table on the view screen, on the create screen the custom fields can appear normally. It just on the view screen that these custom fields should be shown in a table format. I did attach a image to show how I would like to have them appear on the view screen please let me know if that can be done.

field names.jpg

Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Then Database custom field will fix your problem.

Cheers!

ohh nice thanks for the reply smile

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2016

Consider using a scripted field where the logic collects all the custom field data and formats the view as a table.
It might be straightforward, but you'll have to tweak a bit as I'm not sure what renderer is being used to show the content of the scripted field

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2016

Not natively, you'll need some add-on to reformat the whole issue view.  I don't know if there is one.

I will keep checking Nic, anyways thanks for the reply.

Suggest an answer