can we connect tibero database to any data modelling tool ?

naresh December 16, 2017

We are currently planning to remodel and migrate database from mysql to tibero. However am unable to find any data model which can connect tibero, could someone help on this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2017

I would very strongly recommend you do not do this.

Atlassian applications do not support Tibero as their data source.  Stick with MySQL, it is supported.

naresh December 16, 2017

Thanks for your prompt response !!!.

This decision to move to tibero had already taken place for one of the system which is running fine in prod for client and now it is planned for other database instances as well, so this decision will not come under my control. So am in need of a tool which can be connected with tibero DB post which we can apply normalization changes and extract the same module/application wise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2017

You really need to go to the people who made that very poor decision and tell them that they have made your systems unsupportable.  This is a very dumb thing to do, and even more dumb if you're now giving unsupportable software to clients.

Secondly, database access to Atlassian applications is a dreadful way to do anything.  You can't write without destroying your data, and reading is a nightmare because the database has grown up as a data store, with no thought to reporting.  You certainly do NOT want anything that would "normalise" the database as you'll simply destroy it, making your Atlassian application non-functional.

Please, move the Atlassian applications back to a supported database, and look at proper reporting add-ons designed for them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2017

Just to be clear - I am only talking about the Atlassian applications here.  Tibero is an excellent database for the app I've used it with.  It's just not supported by Atlassian (yet?)

naresh December 17, 2017

This is not an atlassian application rather just an info about Data Model Tool which connects with tibero.... i was unsuccessfull finding a erwin kind of tool for this DB. Hence requesting help from any community who can help with this regard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2017

Ah, right, then I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck.

This is an Atlassian forum, and although we all have experience in non-Atlassian areas, it's pretty unlikely that a lot of us do.  When it's a field that's not Atlassian or directly related, it's quite likely that the overwhelming majority of people here will have no knowledge.

You're asking in the wrong place basically.  A bit like walking into a shoe shop and asking for advice about paint.

Suggest an answer