can we configure required fields when we move to another status?

mel vega July 23, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to block the transition from a status to another one if some required fields are not populated.

Thanks in advance

Melissa

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mel vega July 28, 2015

hi,

thanks. i configured some screens whith some custom fields. I precised fields which are required. Then I assigned such or such screen to specific transitions in the workflow. I thought that only fields configured to a specific operation or transition (create the issue or work in progress for example) will be appeared as required according to this very specific step of the process.

For example, I created the field "Select a region" which is required only when I close the issue. So i created a screen "Close the issue" with the field "Select a region". But as soon as I create my issue, even if this field does not appear n my form when I click Create, a message displays telling that I need to populate the Region field.

How can I proceed to make this field appear as a required one only when I want to close the issue?

Thanks for your help

Melissa

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

You are using the field configuration scheme to make it required it seems. That won't work. You need to use the mentioned validator in the workflow transition to make it required. Both are different things.

mel vega July 29, 2015

thanks for your answer. I tried to use the validator option but I understand that when you configure a validator, you assign some permissions to users "such user/group of users only can edit/create the issue" etc Sorry to insist but to set up a right validator option letting me to configure some required fields before moving on to another issue, which option do I have to choose? sorry again and thanks in advance

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

You have to install the JSU plugin and then select the "Fields Required" validator. Check out the documentation for more details.

mel vega July 30, 2015

can I download the JSU plugin if I have a free trial version? where can I download it-i clicked on add-ons but no results

mel vega July 30, 2015

because I tried but not found it

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2015

Yes, you can. You can use the "Find add-ons" in UPM to install it or download the plugin and upload it using UPM. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+add-ons

mel vega July 30, 2015

it's ok it works thanks

Gopalakrishnan September 20, 2018

Hi @mel vega

Did this worked for you with 3rd party plugin? or with existing conditions in Jira?

I would like to do the same scenario but am facing the problem as you did, while creating a issue itself it says the field is mandatory even though the field is not there in the form. 

Can you let me know how you achieved this?

Thanks. 

1 vote
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2015

Suggest an answer