can we attach a property/attribute to an Option Value in Multi Select custom field

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Hi,

I have a multi select custom field which consists of a lot of options (50+), i would like to attach a property/attribute to each option, property value would be (1,2,3,4) i'll be using this to calculate/query something. Is this possible?

Or do we have a facility in Jira to make a mapping table and feed this table to a multi select custom field?

thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2014

No, there's nothing in Jira to store the arbitrary data you want to attach to the options.

You'll need to do some coding - either hacking the existing code to add the functions to store and use this property data or take a look at using "active objects" in a plugin (a plugin is neater than mucking around with core code). The active objects approach is quite close to what I think you're thinking of when you say "mapping table"

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

thanks a lot..

Suggest an answer