can user change user properties not logging in as administrator ?

fabby June 1, 2012

i need to add `mobile number`,`extension number` or other details about user properties to my JIRA users.

i have known how to add/edit user properties when logging in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.if there are only several users in JIRA,i can add these properties one by one.but my JIRA has hundreds of users,it is impossilbe for me to add these properties one by one.

so i want to know if i can let user himself add or modify their properties in their profile tab who has no administraor permission to log in as administrator.

or let user adds their mobile number in email setting,when LDAP directory server is synchronized,the user email will be added automatically.

my jira version is 4.4.1,and my JIRA connects to an LDAP directory server.

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

You will need a plugin to do that. For now, it is limited to administrators!

fabby June 1, 2012

hi Jobin,

can you tell me which plugin ?

fabby June 2, 2012

anyone knows how to fix the problem?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2012

I think Jobin means that you will have to write a plugin to do that. I'm not aware of anything that lets non-admin users edit user properties.

fabby June 3, 2012

i think developing a plugin is diffcult for me at present.i'm new to java

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

That doesn't change the answer though :)

Rita YOUNES [Infosysta]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

is there any update concerning user properties to be visible to users ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2016

No.  Same state as before.

Suggest an answer