can't see calculated custom field anywhere in JIRA

Khieng King June 3, 2013

I'm using the JIRA Misc Custom Fields plug-in.

I follow the instructions but can't not see the field in my create or edit issue screen

Calculated Number Field

1. Create a new custom field, choosing "Calculated Number Field" for its type.
  2. During step 2, in the Description field, include the calculation formula using the syntax described below.
  3. Re-index your data, as JIRA will kindly suggest you to.

I've used their suggested formula as well.

<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10268") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10268") : 0) * (issue.get("customfield_10269") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10269") : 0) -->

using where is my field everything says ok.

<dl><dt>Project:</dt><dd title="Play and Test">Play and Test</dd></dl><dl><dt>Issue type:</dt><dd title="Defect">Defect</dd></dl><dl><dt>Screen:</dt><dd title="Create Issue">Create Issue</dd></dl><dl><dt>Field:</dt><dd title="Overall Rank Value">Overall Rank Value</dd></dl><dl><dt>Status:</dt></dl>

<dl><dd>The 'Overall Rank Value' field should be present on the form you are viewing</dd></dl>

What am i doing wrong here?

4 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

You should check the documentation and the following issue that you have run into:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMCF-5?issueKey=JMCF-5&serverRenderedViewIssue=true

Calculated fields are only being shown on view screens since they are being calculated and not meant to be edited.... Cheers Christian

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Hi Khieng,

Tried the following and it works as expected.

1. Create two new custom fields of type "Number custom field" and call is "A" and "B". Add it to global context and on all screens related to your project screen configuration (just to test).

2. Create a "Calculated Number Custom Field" and call it "Sum" and use the formula

&lt;!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10000") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10000") : 0) + (issue.get("customfield_10003") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10003") : 0) --&gt;

Replace 10000 and 10001 with the id's of custom fields "A" and "B".

3. Create an issue and assign the value to "A" and "B" and you should see the "Sum" field.

So you can check the following:

1. Make sure your custom fields id's are correct.

2. Make sure your custom field is visible to the project in the project's field configuration

3. Make sure the custom field has been added to the screens your project is using.

And if you want to know where your application logs are located, refer:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981

If your custom field is not being displayed due to an error, your application log will have a message something like this

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-06-04 09:13:37,292 http-2990-3 ERROR admin 553x5978x1 9c6wr6 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%0 /secure/EditAction!default.jspa [innovalog.jmcf.fields.CalculatedNumberField] CalculatedNumberField: error evaluating formula: For input string: "0ssdf"

Cheers

Bhushan

0 votes
Khieng King June 3, 2013

No, although i'm not entirely sure what i'm looking for as well.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Do you see anything in your logs?

Suggest an answer