I'm using the JIRA Misc Custom Fields plug-in.
I follow the instructions but can't not see the field in my create or edit issue screen
I've used their suggested formula as well.
<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10268") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10268") : 0) * (issue.get("customfield_10269") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10269") : 0) -->
using where is my field everything says ok.<dl><dt>Project:</dt><dd title="Play and Test">Play and Test</dd></dl><dl><dt>Issue type:</dt><dd title="Defect">Defect</dd></dl><dl><dt>Screen:</dt><dd title="Create Issue">Create Issue</dd></dl><dl><dt>Field:</dt><dd title="Overall Rank Value">Overall Rank Value</dd></dl><dl><dt>Status:</dt></dl>
<dl><dd>The 'Overall Rank Value' field should be present on the form you are viewing</dd></dl>
What am i doing wrong here?
Tried the following and it works as expected.
1. Create two new custom fields of type "Number custom field" and call is "A" and "B". Add it to global context and on all screens related to your project screen configuration (just to test).
2. Create a "Calculated Number Custom Field" and call it "Sum" and use the formula
<!-- @@Formula: (issue.get("customfield_10000") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10000") : 0) + (issue.get("customfield_10003") != null ? issue.get("customfield_10003") : 0) -->
Replace 10000 and 10001 with the id's of custom fields "A" and "B".
3. Create an issue and assign the value to "A" and "B" and you should see the "Sum" field.
So you can check the following:
1. Make sure your custom fields id's are correct.
2. Make sure your custom field is visible to the project in the project's field configuration
3. Make sure the custom field has been added to the screens your project is using.
And if you want to know where your application logs are located, refer:
If your custom field is not being displayed due to an error, your application log will have a message something like this
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2013-06-04 09:13:37,292 http-2990-3 ERROR admin 553x5978x1 9c6wr6 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%0 /secure/EditAction!default.jspa [innovalog.jmcf.fields.CalculatedNumberField] CalculatedNumberField: error evaluating formula: For input string: "0ssdf"
You should check the documentation and the following issue that you have run into:
Calculated fields are only being shown on view screens since they are being calculated and not meant to be edited.... Cheers Christian
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs