can't see assigned issues

LeonG May 9, 2013

I am currently testing the software but am having an issue with developers not being able to see assigned tickets to them.

I wanted to restrict the view of all projects and only show projects that are assigned to each specific user.

In this case a My freelancer should only see assigned issues in 2 projects. He should also only have the ability to create tickets for these projects too, but can't see any currently and can raise an issue on projects he is not assigned to.

Any idea's how i fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2013

Hello Leon,

If I understand your inquiry correctly, you require to have a freelance who can create issues in your project, but he shouldn't be able to see any other issues which is not related to him, he can only see the issues which he reported. If that's the case, I think Issue Level security scheme can help you to provide the functionality that you require. You can see the Issue level to the reporter and assignee, in this case only the reporter of the issue and the assingee will be able to view the issue. Thus, if the freelancer hasn't reported the issue, he will not be able to view it.

Here is the link for more details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

I hope that helps. :)

Suggest an answer