can't search issues on linking

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

Hi,

We can't search issues on linking screen. I am attaching the screenshot as an example.

is-arama.png

There is a warning in the logs such as:

2017-08-15 11:18:31,832 http-nio-8080-exec-5 WARN  678x12570x3 z0g97y  /rest/api/2/issue/picker [c.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - The Project argument and its backing generic value must not be null'.

I tried the queries in the link but the results were empty.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-functionality-fails-due-to-the-project-argument-and-its-backing-generic-value-must-not-be-null-error-235667577.html

What can we do? Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2017

Hi Elifcan,

There is a linked article titled JIRA: System Error When Project Administrator Trying to Access the Permission Page.  What was the result of the steps in this article:

1. Stop JIRA.
  2. Create a backup of your database.
  3. Run the following queries:

• DELETE FROM nodeassociation WHERE source_node_entity = 'Project' AND source_node_id NOT IN (SELECT id FROM project);
      DELETE FROM jiraissue WHERE project NOT IN (SELECT id FROM project);
      DELETE FROM projectversion WHERE project NOT IN (SELECT id FROM project);
      DELETE FROM component WHERE project NOT IN (SELECT id FROM project);
  4. Start JIRA.
  5. Perform a Full re-index on your JIRA instance to successfully retrieve the updated value from database.

Another thing I would check is to be sure you have permissions to link issues to the destination project.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer