can't link JIRA ondemand with STASH

gabriele sabadini January 15, 2013

hi there

I have set up a test STASH v2.0.2 deployment on amazonAWS, licensed under a test license, and a production JIRA ondemand 5.2, licensed untill next year.

All versions up to date as 14/gen/2013

please not that i can't share my user base between STASH and JIRA ondemand as STASH doesn't provide such functionalities.

In order to integrate JIRA and STASH, i've followed http://quickstart.atlassian.com/download/stash/jira-integration and now i have both side linked with OAuth

The FishEye plugin is installed and enabled in JIRA, but i can't configure it: by going to the plugin config page in JIRA, it keeps asking for an application link. I see, in JIRA, the stash application link, but it seems like the FishEye plugin is not aware of it existence.

To make sure it wasn't a permission issue, even if I am an administrator, i double checked my custom permission scheme and it allows developers to see Source Control Tab, as the rule named View Issue Source Tab reports Allows users to view related source code commits on the view issue screen. is configured for all developers user.

By the way, i still can't see the Source control tab!

So, I've been trying adding another piece to the puzzle.

I set up a per project linking by going to

JIRA -> Choose a project -> Administer Project -> Settings -> Application links: Configure project links -> add project link -> stash

at this point, a popup throws up, asking me to choose, between a list of STASH project, which STASH project should i bond to the current JIRA one i'm configuring.

After that, i make a commit, a pull request, and a merge on stash on the interested project.

Also, i made a reindex inside JIRA.... but all this stuff was useless

can you please help ?

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

This bug has been fixed now.

gabriele sabadini February 1, 2013

thanks to atlassian support, in a few weeks the bug has been fixed! awesome company, awesome products, awesome support :) keep it going!

1 vote
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi K0nan,

The bug that Razaq is refering to is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31330 - please keep an eye on it for update.

This is a high priority for us, and should be fixed shortly.

cheers,

Tim

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2013

There's a bug affecting OnDemand now that if there's no permission to a FishEye ondemand in the instance then viewing the Source tab won't be possible. This is mostly related to the fact that there's a restriction on the JIRA FishEye plugin which only allows users who have application access to FishEye to view this. This bug is reported internally now.

Suggest an answer