can't access jira

essramasoud November 10, 2014

Hello,

I installed JIRA free trial yesterday, I want to access today, I get the message "the webpage is unavailable" I want to know, is all what I have to do is to select "Access jira" to have it run, or do I have to do something else? is it an error? or is it my mistake?

P.S. the URL in the chrome browser is "http://localhost:8080/"

P.S.S. if I run "start JIRA service" the "access jira" i get the following error:

JIRA Startup Failed

Cannot change ComponentManager status from NOT_STARTED to PLUGINSYSTEM_STARTED

Regards,

Essra,

2 answers

0 votes
Ismael Olusula Jimoh June 1, 2016

Just adding in on to this issue.

Posting snippets of code from where you see JIRA failed does not always show the clearest picture.

If JIRA failed to start, my advise would be look at the first error from when JIRA started.

• Open your atlassian-jira.log
  • Search for JIRA starting
  • Find the latest appearance of the above string.
  • Start looking through for the first time JIRA throws an error and note that error as it more often than not turns out to be the cause of the problem.

For example JIRA could have thrown:

2016-06-02 10:03:00,936 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR      [c.a.jira.startup.ComponentContainerLauncher] A fatal error occurred during initialisation. JIRA has been locked.
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Unable to clean the cache directory: C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\.osgi-plugins\felix
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.impl.DefaultOsgiPersistentCache.validate(DefaultOsgiPersistentCache.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.impl.DefaultOsgiPersistentCache.<init>(DefaultOsgiPersistentCache.java:38)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.PluginPath$JiraHomeAdapter.<init>(PluginPath.java:126)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	... 1 filtered
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.picocontainer.injectors.AbstractInjector.newInstance(AbstractInjector.java:145)

Try providing full snippets from this error then or provide the atlassian-jira.log file itself.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2014

You need to read the log file to find out why JIRA is not running.  Look for atlassian-jira.log under the logs directory in the jira-home directory you set up.

essramasoud November 10, 2014

I have this in the log file 2014-11-11 12:38:02,211 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ********************************************************************************* JIRA 6.3.9 build: 6339 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser. ********************************************************************************* 2014-11-11 12:38:02,355 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher] Skipping, JIRA is locked. 2014-11-11 12:38:02,357 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.scheduler.JiraSchedulerLauncher] JIRA Scheduler not started: JIRA startup checklist failed. 2014-11-11 12:38:03,426 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher] ****************************************** JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked. ****************************************** 2014-11-11 12:40:44,726 Modification Check:thread-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] ___ Modifications ___________________________ Modified Files : hash-registry.properties, jira-application.properties Removed Files : None what shall I do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2014

Ok, it can't start up fully for some reason. Try working your way through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Startup+Failed+Error

Suggest an answer