can re-indexing be scheduled for a specific time ?

Nariman Riahi July 9, 2012

I sometimes have to re-index JIRA. I was wondering if there isa way to schedule it to happen at a certain time of day?

thanks

3 answers

2 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

Not sure if it works for your JIRA version but you could try this

Nariman Riahi July 10, 2012

Does anyone know if this works with JIRA 5.0.4? I really can not afford risking another site down, so I need to make sure it works before I install it.

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

Hi,

If the plugin doesn't work on 5.0.4 another option might be a Jelly script scheduled via a service as mentioned in the comments at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Re-Indexing+after+Major+Configuration+Changes

Andrew.

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2012
That should work on any version
0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2014

Since JIRA 6.1, it is possible to trigger a re-index via the REST API:

If you wish to schedule it for a particular time of the day, you may create a script which triggers the re-index via the REST API during the scheduled time (e.g. via a cron job).

Suggest an answer