can only add test cases to the ad hoc cycle

After upgrading to the latest Zephyr for JIRA version we select a version ex '2.4.11' and we the only test cycle options are ad hoc. However if we browse to the project and select test cycle then we see multiple cycles for that version

3 answers

Hello Richie,

Have you reindex JIRA and Zephyr for JIRA after installation?If not please do so.
Re-indexing JIRA :

1.Log in as a user with the 'JIRA Administrators' global permission.
2.Choose Administration > System
3.Select Advanced > Indexing on the left pane to open the Indexing Page
4.This page allows you to choose one of the following two re-indexing options:
a. Background re-index — This will re-index all issues in the background.
b. Lock JIRA and rebuild index — This will delete and rebuild all indices, including the comment and change history indices.
5.Select Background re-index and Click on Re-Index.
This will complete re-indexing JIRA.

Re-index Zephyr for JIRA:
1. In JIRA Administration, navigate to the Plugins Menu item.
2. Select the menu item "Zephyr for JIRA" under Add-ons.
3. In the General Configuration Screen that comes up, click "Re-Index."

If the issue still persist, please reach out to us with the screenshot of the same.

Thank you.

Regards, 

Bibek

Re-indexed both and am still having the same problem. Want me to post the screenshot here or in an email?

Hi Richie, For further questions please feel free to open a service request by sending us an email support(at)getzephyr.com. Please include the screenshot so that we can troubleshoot further. Regards, Bibek

Hei, we got the same problem, only ad hoc is available after update of JIRA and Zephyr for JIRA to the latest vesrions. What was the solution to this problem?

Regards from

Tore G. Larsen

We have been experiencing this issue for over a month.  Tried your recommended approach, Bibek, with no resolution.  Is there any update on this?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,754 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot