can jira updats 'finish time' field automatically when when the status of the issue changes?

cheng December 19, 2017

Can jira updats finish time automatically  when the status of the issue changes? For example, when i draged the issue form 'analysis' to 'done', the 'finish time' field update automatically  to current time? And if not, how can i realize this? 

thx

1 answer

0 votes
Maxim_Evstratov December 31, 2017

@cheng jira have two standard "times" it tracks:

1. Issue "Updated"
  2. Issue "Resolved"

2017-12-31_16-55-51.png

Also it saves information about when the issue was transited to other status and you can see it in section "Activity / Transitions".

2017-12-31_16-58-38.png

All these it makes automatically.

As you explaned what you want it is close for standard "Resolved" field. By the way it is needed a resolution to be set in other way it will not fill the "resolved" field. 

If you are speaking about that your status is not and "ending" one, after you finish smbd will make a code review, so you should make a custom field and add a post-function wich will fill it with a "current date time" when you finished the issue.

And if not, how can i realize this? 

All the changes which has happened to an issue you can see in section "Activity / All". If value for your customfiled has been changed it will show. 

For "Resolved" field you can not see it straight but you can understand that it was changed by see that field "resolution" have got a value. 

2017-12-31_17-21-49.png2017-12-31_17-22-43.png

Suggest an answer