can i use same transition and set 2 resolutions ?

sn October 30, 2017

hi,

users of JIRA 7.3 server.

i have a WF with a transition "dp" to go to status"ready to release". i have a post function to clear the resolution when moving issues back from "deploy" to "ready to release" using the same transition"dp".

Now, i want to populate a resolution when i move to "ready to release" status using the "dp". but still clear the resolution when moving from "deploy" to "ready to release" using the same "dp" transition.

Is this possible by using the same transition. if so, how can i do this.

thanks!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

I don't understand how you are using the same transition to move to different statuses

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

The closest you can get is a fast-track, which is a chained transition triggered (conditionally) at the end of the first one.

sn is not using one transition with two end points.  Because you can't.

sn October 30, 2017

thanks for the response Nic but i do not follow what you say - "a fast-track, which is a chained transition triggered (conditionally) at the end of the first one"

could you please elaborate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2017

Your issue goes from status 1 to status 2 as normal.  A fast-track transition can then look at the data on the issue and decide to transition it to status 3 immediately.

You need add-ons to provide that type of transition.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2017

@sn, easiest way will be to use two separate transitions.  Anything beyond that will require custom scripting.

.pd

Suggest an answer