can i track multiple customers on a single issue?

Daniel Mullan July 10, 2015

we would like to prioritize our issues by the number of clients that report them.  rather than add a new issue and link it each time, we would like to add the client account to a field on the JIRA issue, and create a count that increments each time a client is added to that issue.

is this possible?

thanks 

Danny

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2015

I'd create a multi-select list with all the customers in it.  Then when a customer reports a duplicate, you can just add them to that list.  You won't get "customer X found it in version Y", but that's often not important, just make sure that Y is definitely recorded.

This does assume that there are not a huge number of customers.  If there are, I'd be tempted to use a label field instead.

0 votes
Daniel Mullan July 10, 2015

thanks Harry.

watching works for our internal users, but we don't have our customers configured to watch issues.  ideally we'd like to track just a couple of basic bits of info each time a new customer reports a known issue.

"Customer Account"

"Version Reported"

our thought was to create a new tab to track "Additional Customer Reports"  and add up to 20 rows with just those two fields.  the customer who originally reported the issue is tracked in a unique field, but there is no way cleanly add multiple customer accounts.  

not sure if there is an easier way to do that?

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

Does "watcher" field work?

If not, there are lots of plugins to support multiple users, for example https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.mail.jira.plugins.userpickers

Suggest an answer