can i buy JIRA Software addons seperately

Knowledge Podium January 31, 2016

I want to buy JIRA Software but not sure of the add-ons required as of now. Is it possible to buy the add-ons later after buying the JIRA software..
please confirm. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2016

Once you have acquired your base product (eg JIRA software) you can add (and remove) addons at any point.

0 votes

Thanks Phill,

If i go for 25 users JIRA software. Is it mandatory to buy Portfolio also for 25 users only or it can be less?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2016

Add-ons have to be licenced at the number the largest application licence is set to.

If, for example, you have 10 JIRA Core licences, and 25 JIRA Software licences, you will need to buy add-ons at 25 users.

Portfolio is an add-on, so yes, you need a 25 user licence for it.

Ok Great, Thanks Nic.

But i was trying to check if i can buy add on separately but it's not giving me any option. How can i only buy add on if required.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2016

What do you mean "separately"?  You can't run add-ons outside the application framework, and if you're using the marketplace in it, you just follow the purchasing links in there.  I'm not sure what could be "separate"?

Ok So, For example if i have already bought the JIRA software with 25 users right now. Say after 2 months i want to buy Portfolio add on also for JIRA software.

How can i do so

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2016

Go to the marketplace, find the addon, click install and then buy

Knowledge Podium February 1, 2016

Thanks Nic.

Suggest an answer