can a ticket ever dissappear?

Melanie Barkhouse August 4, 2015

I have a ticket number provided to me by a team and i am unable to locate the ticket.  When I put in the number, it says the ticket is not found.  I know the numbers count up in sequence as tickets are created, but this ticket number doesn't appear to exist and there are many more tickets that do exist that have much higher numbers.  I am baffled.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

There are a couple of ways:

1. It can be deleted (eek)
  2. It can be moved to a different project (in which case you'd be redirected)
  3. It can have permissions applied to it so you can't see it (in which case I believe you'd get a permission message).

I'd check with the team to to have them verify why you can't see it.

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2015

My vote is for number 1. It is quite possible to completely Delete an issue in JIRA with only recourse being recovery from a backup.

If you have a backup with the issue still intact, you can reportedly spin up another instance from the backup, export the issue and import into your production instance (or you can just do a copy-paste between instances, creating a new issue in the production instance).

Suggest an answer