can a project have more than one board?

Ralph R July 22, 2015

Hi I tried creating 2 scrum boards for the same project, but when creating and adding issues to the sprint. Both sprints show up on both boards.

Is there away for the boards to share the backlog, but have distinct Sprints?

I am trying to create a sprint per team so both teams have visibility of what is being planned/worked on. This is also reflected through coloured gadgets on the dashboard to show each teams progress.

This is so that we can work with a team in a different country. Whilst in theory both sprints will start at the same time to essentially be the same iteration, in practicality they are 12 hours ahead so will want to start their sprint so they can start work without waiting for us.

3 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

My answer is similar to Vijay's, but I think your best chance would be to have a sprint naming convention that contains the team's name.

For instance, we had a delivery and development team that would pick issues from the same backlog.

The filter for the Development team: project in (projectMatch("^Games")) AND (Sprint != Delivery OR Sprint is EMPTY)

The Delivery team has the same filter, except they excluded the sprints with "Development" in the name.

The Sprint = terms isn't an exact match though, so it would exclude issues in sprint named "Delivery - Sprint 2" or "This is a Delivery sprint"

Shared backlog, private sprints, no need for custom fields or labels that people will forget.

0 votes
Ralph R July 23, 2015

Thanks Vijay, I see what your saying. Unfortunately that would mean the backlog would also be split by this filter method.

Ideally I need a way to make a board represent a teams sprint, whilst sharing the project backlog between other boards.

Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

I dont think it splits the backlog. Unless a team puts a task in sprint, and sets the label/field to their team, its visible to all the teams. So for me it works.

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2015

Hi Ralph,

We have similar scenario. You can use some field that differentiates between teams, either as simple as a label per team or a single select customfield with team names as options. 

Then on the board filter you can say if the field(label/customfield) is empty or is set to particular team. This will show stuff not assigned to any team in all boards for the project. If its assigned to a team, it will show only on the board for that team.

Regards,

Vijay

Suggest an answer