StephanieC March 10, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

What do you mean by "attribute"?  What's wrong with a simple custom field to hold the data?

They want it to appear in the top section with "Status" and "Resolution" 

I have created a drop-down field called "Action Pending" (Appears in the Project Information tab under details) which contains choices like : 

Internal Feedback
Client Feedback
Estimation

Release Assignment, Etc. 

These fields are meant to serve as "sub-statuses" that show a more granular status without adding a bazillion things to the workflows (there are 15 choices in all) 

PMs and development managers create filters against these fields to find issues they need to follow up on. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Ok, well, the custom field will do the job, but the section you're talking about is for the built-in "system fields".  There's no way to add to those without hacking the core code in quite a lot of depth)

The closest you can get is a custom field which you then move into the system field area.  Again by hacking core code, but only a little bit - the layout of the issue view page is the only bit that needs changing.

Perfect answer Nic ! - I shall tell them, "No". 

Suggest an answer