can I add a confluence link to a jira dashboard?

Mark_Hornick December 8, 2014

4 answers

2 votes
Scott Danner March 21, 2018

Try the Rich Text Gadget Add-on in Jira Cloud.  It's free and will allow you add formatted text, links, images, and tables.  

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

One dirty workaround:

Create a project. Create a new URL field, put that field on a screen / maybe define labels. Create some issue and just populate the summary + the URL field. 

Add a filter gadget to your dashboards and show only the URL field. Using labels you could use different filters for different URLs. 

I know it's dirty but it works...

Cheers

Christian

Taini Streater June 29, 2017

works beautifully.  thanks!!

1 vote
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Yes, you can use Text gadget in JIRA and use html coded URL for a link.

I'm using an OnDemand instance of Jira/Confluence and that gadget does not appear in the list of available gadgets. I can't add additional gadgets to an OnDemand instance, so what's the workaround?

Steffen.Glomb July 7, 2019

Workaround:

- create an issue, where the description is what you would want in the rich text gadget

- created a filter for that issue

- add the filter results gadget,  configure it for that filter and to only show the description field 

ugly but works

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

Then:

1. Use the "Introduction" gadget which should be out of the box with OnDemand.
  2. Go to System Administration>System>Edit General Configuration>add html coded URL's to "Introduction"

Too general. I want each Dashboard to have different links. The Introduction gadget and the links it would include would show the same links in all Dashboards.

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

I don't think there is any other option with OnDemand, good luck.

Suggest an answer