bulk create users jira cloud

Mary Wilson November 1, 2017

I need to create about 50 users to our new jira cloud instance.  Even though I found this:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-and-deleting-users-794198944.html

Nowhere do I see the bulk create referenced there.  If it helps, looks like I'm in the new admin experience.ScreenShot167.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

Hi Mary,

I can see where this is confusing! Just went through the process myself and it's not as documented anymore. Try this:

1. Head to the User Management sectionimage.png
  2. Click the Invite user button in the upper right
    image.png

3. Paste in the addresses into the Email address(es) field. If you start typing them in, they will turn into lozenges when you move onto the next address. Pasting in a whole bunch from a spreadsheet or list will work fine too!
    image.png
  4. Customize anything else you need (invite message, which applications you want to add them to, which groups you want to add them to) and then click Invite users at the bottom.

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S. If you feel like this answer helped, please hit the checkmark to the left to mark it as answered. This helps us focus our efforts on unsolved questions. Thanks!

Mary Wilson November 1, 2017

Thanks so much Daniel!  Interestingly enough, that "Invite users" button was not present in my cloud instance until after I got a response from Atlassian support...  Working easily now.  THANKS!

Kristin November 28, 2017

When I use this method, I am not able to update their full name.

How can I do that?

Suggest an answer