Karen Goeller November 11, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2016

Hey Karen, 

To accomplish this may require a little bit of work. The first thing you'll want to do is identify what workflows are being used for the issues that you want to modify. You'll need to modify those workflows to allow a transition from the status the issues are currently in back to that same status. This will allow you to set the resolution without changing the status. This should look something like this:

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 8.16.20 PM.png  

If the workflow doesn't currently have an outgoing transition from the status (in this case resolved), this will take a bit more work. You'll first need to make a copy of the workflow and make your changes on that copy before associating that new workflow with the workflow scheme.

On the transition, make sure to add a screen that has "resolution" as a field. Then search for your issues, and "Bulk Change"->"Transition Issues" and transition them from the status they are in back to the same one. Set the resolution during transition. If afterwards you'd like to not have that transition availible, go back and modify the workflow scheme to have the original workflow. 

Let me know if you have any questions, 

Kian 

Cristian Ionescu December 18, 2018

Hi, Kian, how should I proceed if my tickets are in the final status and I cannot add other transition?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2018

Hello Cristian, 

When you say that they are in the final status and you can't add another transition, do you mean that you do not have the permissions to do so? Or that the workflow editor isn't allowing you to add an additional transition?

Thanks, 

Kian

Cristian Ionescu December 19, 2018

The final status did not allowed me to do so but I changed the properties and I could bulk change the resolution. Thanks!

0 votes
Karen Goeller November 15, 2016

Hi Kian - yes, thank you!  I was able to make that change in bulk using these instructions.  Many thanks!

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2016

Hey Karen, 

I just wanted to see if this answer helped you and whether or not you had any questions? 

Thanks,

Kian 

Suggest an answer