bug? two dim filter stats doesn't show blank values for Insight objects

llagos November 21, 2018

Hello Users,

We've got two very similar gadgets. Both are "two dimensional filter statistics"...

First one is Assignee vs Status... and the first row is for Assignee="Unassigned", which is OK. Alll numbers in Subtotals coincide with the total Sum.

Second one is "Group" vs Status, where "Group" a field from Insight. On this case, all TTs with no value on Group just don't show up... so I'll have all my groups with subtotals, but the total sum will not coincide and those TTs with no assigned group don't appear in any row.

However, if I add a "Pie chart" gadget, those TT with no group will show up will a valur of "None", and then, I will have a 100% sum.

Why this? is this a bug? There's nothing else to configure on a two dim filter...

Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

It's because the two-dimensional filter is built to ignore issues which have no content for a field, because the assumption is that is the field you want to report on.  If it's empty, you don't need to see it!

Assignee is an exception, but not because of the gadget, it's because Jira deliberately reports the field back as "unassigned" instead of empty.

llagos November 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the clarification. I think this should be "enhanced" to allow the customer make the decision, whether to include (or not) fields with no content... Something I really hate of any software vendor is precisely doing this, taking shadowy decisions instead of giving the customer the flexibility to decide...

Just a check mark on the gadget like "include fields with no values"...

Regards,

0 votes
Jeff Pandinha July 15, 2019

This is actually a bug where the two-dimensional filter changed behaviour recently. The bug is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66318

Suggest an answer