bonfire feature - desktop application

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Hi,

I have setup the bonfire with ondemand.

As i used and went through some webpages , i found, bonfire can use for browser's image capture and quickly create the issue & test session.

Can bonfire help for desktop application testing like capture screen shots and attach with issue ?

I have the desktop application to test. It would be great if bonfire can help me some how.

Thank You

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

While complete integration with desktop applications isn't currently supported, Bonfire 2.6 has just been released for download, and adds support for pasting images from the clipboard. It is due to arrive in OnDemand next week.

This allows Bonfire to be used with desktop applications if the screenshot is taken with native operating system methods and copied to the clipboard.

This blog post explains the new process http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/10/bonfire-2-6-add-images-of-native-apps/

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it seems, that feature will resolve the issue.

But, Currently I have been using OnDemand - 2.5.3 on server bonfire and so, extension is 2.5

and bonfire 2.6 extension will not work due to server version is 2.5.

Is it possible to upgrade the On Demand - bonfire server version to 2.6 ?

Thank You

gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2012

OnDemand instances have actually just been upgraded to Bonfire 2.6, probably not long after your comment was posted.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Hello,

Bonfire was not designed to work like a desktop application, it's focus is on webapps QA and debugging. Change the behavior of Bonfire will lead to a bigger change on application code basis. If this kind of funcionality is very welcome/important for you, please raise a Improvemente Request ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com.

Regards,

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer