bold text in the custom field

Michal Crkon July 9, 2013
Hi guys. End user demands to use bold style text of the custom field. It is not problem to use style rendered for comments... But at this time inside the custom text box is text which is displayed during creating a new issue. It is something like notification. Now user wants to make it in bold style. I checked internet but I could not find relevant answer for it. Even I do not know if it is possible or not. something like * text * is not working inside the text box. Can someone help me with some advice? Thanks a million, Miso

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Hi Michal,

Could you just try surrounding the text with <b> and </b> html tags? I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try :)

Just to clarify your question a bit : you have a custom text field and you want the default text for this field to be bold, am I correct?

Best regards,

Peter

I tried to use element as first and it didnt work. Maybe i will try .getElementById as alex mentioned. Thanks for help anyway. Miso
Michal Crkon July 15, 2013
i am marking this as an answer. It is not what i exactly wanted but user accepted it. I used and <font> in field description.</font>
0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Never tried this before, but perhaps you can include some JS code in the customfield description to access the document.getElementById, and make it bold

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/02/some-ajs-tricks.html

HTH

I will try this one Alex. I will post the result here then. Thanks for advice, Miso

Suggest an answer